Sunday, December 9, 2007

Playing with fire

Today, me and my family celebrated the 2nd Sunday of advent. We read from the bible, sang songs, and then me and my brother where supposed to light two candles. I walked over to our coffee table and sat down, then i grabbed the match box. Earlier today I had lit 4 candles with two matches, so i was pretty confidant. I took a match from the box then grabbed it in the middle and pushed in on the box. Nothing happened, so i tried again and then a third time. Still nothing. Then i tried again and immediately the match broke started on fire and landed on our coffee table. with quite a shock i said "Uh! WHEW!" and it went out. A few seconds passed , then me and my siblings laughed. My parents didn't know what happened until we told them. So then my Dad taught me to hold the box far away from me, put my finger close to the tip and pull it towards me. Once i tried that (with a new match, of course) It worked and i lit the candle, i held the match close to my mouth then blew. It didn't go out. Scared i would start my hand on fire i blew again. Still, it was on fire. I blew a few more times ad then it finally went out. I'll always remember this night (so will the coffee table, there's a small black mark on it!) and the panic i had for less than a second.

I guess the moral of the story is, I shouldn't be involved with fire, PERIOD!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good idea !